Tuesday, September 17, 2013

For the good

Good morning beautiful people!!!

Matthew 26:31-35
Then Jesus told them, “This very night you will all fall away on account of me, for it is written:“‘I will strike the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock will be scattered.’  But after I have risen, I will go ahead of you into Galilee.”  Peter replied, “Even if all fall away on account of you, I never will.”  “Truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “this very night, before the rooster crows, you will disown me three times.”  But Peter declared, “Even if I have to die with you, I will never disown you.” And all the other disciples said the same.

Is your heart as strong and committed as your words indicate?  Many times we have the best of intentions with our words, but our commitment and actions that follow are a mere shadow of what we said we would do, or who we said we would be.  Jesus already knew that Peter would deny Him, it was even indicated in scripture that it would happen.  In part, this experience would equip Peter for his future service to Christ.  Likewise, often times we learn the hardest lessons in the midst of what seems like our worst failures.  God can and does use these things for His good.

Be good to yourself and to one another. ~Atara

No comments:

Post a Comment